Monday 21 June 2021

How to make the best use of Time



 

Time is a valuable resource in our life. A person who makes the best use of time is bound to achieve great things in life. The time taken to complete a particular task can vary from a person to person depending on the skills and abilities of the person. Even for the same person, the same task can be done in few hours, days, or even months based on the level of commitment, perseverance, discipline, and procrastination.


When there is a requirement to do a critical job that involves the sake of the nation, society, organizations, governing bodies etc, it is always essential to assign the work to a person skilled in that particular profession. This is the reason why we say that when we choose a person for a critical job we should be unbiased in our selection. Recommendations and reservations should not be encouraged in such cases. We need the best people to do the work for our society, organization, nation, and world. Only then we would see our nation and this world progressing. Along with the right skills and talent, the belief system also comes into play. The person needs to own the responsibility and believe in his mind that he is the best person to do this task successfully in the given amount of time.


Now let us come to the case of making the best use of time. If we would like to excel in any task that we are asked to do, we need to have the following qualities :

  • Knowledge
  • Experience
  • Commitment
  • Passion
  • Perseverance
  • Focus
  • Concentration
We have seen how knowledge, skills and experience play an important role. Apart from that, the person needs to have an interest and passion towards the task that he is doing. After that comes commitment and perseverance. Nothing in this world comes for free. We may have to work hard and toil ourselves sometimes to reach our desired goal. Apart from hard work, belief as mentioned before is also very important. 

Let us now look at focus and concentration and how it plays a major role to make the best use of time. Let me take the example of this blog that I am writing. I have given a time limit of 1 hour to myself to complete this blog and I am sure that I will be able to complete this within the given time. I have done this many times in the past and I'm sure that I will be able to do this again. Participating in challenges and competitions like this, only motivates me to bring out the best in myself. At the same time, if I had not set any target for myself, I could have easily sat on this blog for 2-3 days and sometimes even 1 week. 

So what could be the reason that the same blog which I could have done in 1 hour could have taken 2-3 days sometimes or even 1 week? The level of procrastination, laziness, delaying my work or the lack of interest and seriousness has got a role to play here to extend the time taken to complete my task. When I am committed, I make sure that I focus on the task at hand. When I focus, the energy flows to the task. During this time, I need to make sure that I am in a quiet room without any distractions. When the attention and intention towards the task become strong, there is undivided concentration. Every cell of my body would then be focusing on achieving my desired result. This is how we achieve our goals and desires. This is how we make the best use of the available time. 

One other thing to keep in mind is to choose a quiet time to do your task. When there is less noise around you, you tend to focus better and then you start to be in a flow. When you are in this relaxed, focussed and in a flow state, you would also be able to tap into a higher consciousness of wisdom where you get answers and solutions to your task. This is a happy and cheerful state to be in. This is when we appreciate ourselves and our work and also our ability to make the best use of time.

 This Entry Was Posted as part of the  #BLOGCHATTERHALFMARATHON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluate Your Beliefs

  Every person maintains a set of beliefs that are unique to that person. Some of these beliefs have come right from childhood either from f...